Coming up with creative and clever lunch ideas can be a challenge. Even more challenging is thinking of creative ways to add fruits and vegetables that our kids will actually eat. Below are ten quick and easy ideas for incorporating fruits and veggies into your daily lunch routine.
1. Mini bell peppers & hummus: Mini sweet bell peppers are a new favorite in our house. These can be packed with individual packs of hummus.
2. Homemade trail mix with dried fruit, nuts, & Cheerios: Take your children to the grocery with you and have them pick out a few dried fruits and nuts of their choice. Combine them with a whole grain cereal for a quick and easy trail mix. I also love this Pistachio-Chip Trail Mix.
3. All natural, no sugar added applesauce with graham crackers: We like to buy either the applesauce cups or squeezers. Our daughter likes to dip the graham crackers in the applesauce.
4. Apple slices with peanut butter: To keep the apple slices from browning, we squeeze a little lemon juice over them and pack the nut butter in a small separate container. Try the Mix-n-Match Peanut Butter Dip for a new alternative to peanut butter!
5. Carrot & Celery Sticks: with a small container of light ranch dressing for dipping. Try the Sweet & Savory Poppers to add more fruits and veggies!
7. Strawberry & cheddar cheese kabob: Using a kabob stick, alternate fresh strawberries and cheddar cheese cubes.
8. Cashews & kiwi: Peel and slice fresh kiwi. Pack with ¼ cup cashews.
9. Graham cracker sandwiches with sliced banana & peanut butter: Kids love these little sandwiches. Or, try the PB Fruit Roll-up as a way to include different fruit!
10. Homemade Fruit Roll Ups: We love these Fruity Fun Rolls Ups as a sweet lunchbox treat.
Take the Power Your Lunchbox Pledge to eat a healthier lunch this school year and get kid-friendly lunchbox ideas, easy tips and more. For every pledge taken, $1 will be donated to support Feeding America. And don’t forget to show us your healthy lunchboxes on Instagram or Twitter using #PowerYourLunchbox to help inspire fellow parents.